Monday, March 29, 2010

Random Acts

Last weekend I had a chance to get an afternoon off. I requested off work, grandpa offered to watch Little Man, and my sister bought tickets for us to see The Band Perry and Rodney Atkins in concert.
(Seriously in love with her boots.)

I'm not sure the last time I went out without Little Man and hubby. I'm sure it's been well over a year.

Now, don't get me wrong, I would choose to hang out with my family over anything else. But every now and again, it's nice to have a girls day.
Leaving the parking garage after the concert, we paid for the van behind us. I could see the confused look on their face as they tried to hand the toll booth attendant money. I'm sure they were left wondering who we were or why we paid for their parking. We were enjoying our afternoon and wanted to pass along a little of that to someone else.

That night at bed, Little Man told me, "Momma, you can go running around again if you want. As long as I can stay with grandpa." I asked if grandpa had spoiled him, and after explaining what spoiled meant, Little Man agreed, he was definitely spoiled that day. Happy Meals, a special animal DVD, hunting the meadow with a metal detector, and popcorn right before bed.

Since I have the 5 year old's permission, maybe I won't wait another whole year for another girls day.

4 comments:

Kati said...

Love love love Rodney.. glad you had a good time!!

Corinne Cunningham said...

Sounds like a fabulous day, for all :)

Ms D said...

Awww! sounds like you had a wonderful time, and so did your little love! And it does feel good to pass along the good once in awhile!!!

Henrietta said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! How sweet that your son and Grandpa got to spend some quality time together too!